In contentious Construction Litigation and Arbitration, Expert Witnesses will be appointed by solicitors to help the parties and their representatives reach a compromise agreement or, assist a judge, adjudicator or arbitrator in arriving at a judgement or decision.
BCQS Experts provide the Judge or Arbitrator with professional opinion evidence based on their particular expertise and experience in their chosen area of professional practice. Our advice is independent of the Parties and impartial in the matter in dispute.
As an Expert Advisor / Witness, we can provide the following services:
- Advising solicitors/clients before any formal dispute resolution process has commenced
- Preparing advice at the pre-action protocol stage
- Assisting in defining and agreeing issues between the parties
- Assisting in the evaluation of the merits of a case
- Assisting with quantifying or assessing the amount of any sum in dispute
- Assisting with identifying the appropriate basis on which a case might be settled early and fairly
- Preparation of Expert Witness Reports and advice
- Dealing with written questions
- Acting as single joint expert
- Acting as expert appointed by either party
- Attending at without prejudice meetings of experts
- Giving evidence in the Technology and Construction Court and in arbitration and adjudication