15 Jun Graduate Quantity Surveyor – Bahamas, Caribbean
Position Title: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Job Reference No.: BCQS204-GQS
Region: Caribbean Region
Office Location: The Bahamas
Job Function: Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultancy
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: Attractive Salary Depending on Experience
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and career progression in Quantity Surveying, BCQS is seeking a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our market leading Caribbean Consultancy out of our Bahamas office.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Performing risk, value management, and cost control.
- Performing construction cost benchmarking activities.
- Advising clients on the different procurement strategies.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing commercial tenders.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Preparation of detailed monthly cost reports.
- Undertaking as-built cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Valuing completed work on site and preparing monthly valuations.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- 3 to 5 years of post-graduate experience providing quantity surveying services.
- Relevant tertiary qualification i.e., BSc. Degree or QS Diploma obtained from a recognised institution.
- You must be working towards becoming Chartered through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Dynamic, flexible, proactive with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong analytical ability with good communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Able to work on a wide range of projects from $100,000 to $100 million.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and are driven and enthusiastic, please send us with your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCQS was established in 1969 to provide real estate professional services to clients in the Caribbean. Over fifty years later, the company is now one of the most experienced independent Property and Development companies throughout Latin America and the Caribbean with eleven offices, two associated offices and two other Group Companies offering complimentary services to over 30 countries.
Our team combines global expertise with extensive local knowledge and experience, ensuring that clients’ property and development assets are developed and managed to their greatest potential.
BCQS prides itself in the quality of the provision of its services. The majority of our senior staff are Chartered Surveyors, either Professional Members or Fellows of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, (RICS), a 130,000-member professional body representing property interests worldwide.
The BCQS culture is about providing the professional team with opportunities to exercise their responsibility and integrity while growing themselves, their careers, and our business.