BCQS International Participates in 5th Annual Caribbean Valuation and Construction Conference in St. Lucia
The conference which was held on November 9 and 10 was organised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the International Property Tax Institute (IPTI).
BCQS Director, Sanjay Amin made the opening remarks in his capacity as RICS Caribbean Chair.
BCQS Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Mark H. Brown presented the recently completed BCQS International 2016 Market Trend Report to the industry participants present at the conference. The report examines several aspects of the construction industry ranging from residential construction to multi-storey office buildings to hotels. It also examines the relationship between tourist arrivals and the impact of spend patterns, cost of living factor indicators over the regions studied. The report further highlights the recent trends in the construction industry at large and also forecasts how movement in the market place might affect trends in the years to come. The report is a culmination of several months of data collection from our over 13 offices and office associations throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
Chris Graham, BCQS Director commented, "we were delighted that Mark was invited back again this year to present on the Market Trend Report after his success at the conference in Jamaica last year".
The conference covered varying issues within the Valuation and Construction sector such as:-
- The Need for Valuation Standards and Local Applications
- IPMS and Its Impact on Valuation and Construction
- Risk Management
- Project Loan Monitoring
- The Data Management Process in Mass Appraisal
- Property Taxation and Assessment
- Current Practices in Construction
- Compensation: the Quest for Fairness and Equivalence
- Automated Valuation Models – Caribbean Case Studies
- Writing Expert Reports and Giving Expert Evidence
- Practical Training and available options
- The Future of the Professions within the Industry
Image - Mark Brown, BCQS International