BCQS INTERNATIONAL TO PARTICIPATE IN 4TH ANNUAL CARIBBEAN VALUATION & CONSTRUCTION CONFERENCE IN JAMAICA
BCQS Director, Sanjay Amin, will be making the opening remarks at the 4th Annual Caribbean Valuation & Construction Conference to be held 18-19 November 2015 in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
In addition, BCQS Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Mark H. Brown, will be presenting a session titled "Risk Assurance in Construction – The Importance of Project Monitoring". The session will focus on project monitoring as an integral component of the overall construction process and with the knowledge of the intricacies of project monitoring, it is imperative to emphasize the necessity of these services to prospective Clients.
The conference is orgnaised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the International Property Tax Institute (IPTI). The conference will address issues as they relate to valuation and construction and some of the topics will include:-
- International Property Measurement Standards
- The need for national valuation standards – Valuation Standards/Red Book
- Appraisal and Management Companies – the negative/positive impact on the appraisal profession and quality valuation
- Valuer registration scheme – implications for the Caribbean
- Appraisal modelling – the rise of automation and big data
- Data quality in emerging economies
- Implications of property taxation - a major local government revenue source
- Valuation of renewable energy sources
- Property taxation – the best model for the resources we have
- Valuing leisure and special properties : golf courses, hotels, airports
- Attracting private investment to finance urban development
- Financing the construction and operation of buildings
- Risk assurance in construction
- Current issues and recent trends in construction
- Risks in the procurement process in the Caribbean
For more information or to register, please visit www.rics.org.